J & P Plumbing and Heating approached us with a view to re-designing their website and optimising its on-line visibility.
They wanted to be found for all appropriate key phrases for areas in London with the goal of increasing the number of organic visitors to their website, allowing them to significantly reduce the amount they spent on Google Adwords each month.
In addition to the increase in traffic they also wanted to improve their online conversions to attract more enquiries.
J & P Plumbing and Heating are a London family run business with a combined 60 years worth of experience in the multi trade industry.
Covering all aspects of the plumbing and electrical work, they offer a 24 hour service specialising in servicing, installation, emergencies and everything in between.
In addition to their Emergency Call out service they provide plumbing, central heating, electrical, roofing, drainage, building, commercial heating and bathroom installation services.
- Create a user friendly and informative website showcasing the full range of J & P’s services using WordPress as the Content Management System
- Migrate all required information across from the existing J & P website
- Integrate with relevant Social Media – Twitter and Facebook etc
- Implement on-site optimisation techniques to ensure the website is ‘Google friendly’
- Add a gallery highlighting previous work
- Ensure the pricing structure is easily visible for all services
J & P offer a comprehensive range of trade services and it was crucial that the website fully emphasized a combination of the services and the areas in which they are available.
Information and Inspiration
We took the view that the website must be able to grab the reader’s attention as they cannot always rely on trusted or familiar branding. This website has been designed to maximise its space and lays its information in a clear and readable way.
We used large, visual tabs and drop down menus on the homepage in order to emphasise the important information available through the website.
As well as having the ability to inform, it is also absolutely essential that we ensure any small business website is designed to look and feel relevant to the subject area, so for J & P we kept a high level of continuity by using the existing business colour scheme along with utilising the trade related imagery to help engage the users with their respective interest and immediately lets them know that they are in the right place.
Search Engine Optimisation
By clearly establishing J & P’s geographical target areas along with the particular services available in each area, we utilised a combination of on-page and off-page techniques to significantly increase the search engine visibility of the website.
SEO Services and Strategies utilised:
- Targeted keyword phrase research using proven SEO keyword tools to identify the best SEO keyword phrases
- Deconstructing and reverse-engineering of competitor website SEO strategies and developing SEO countermeasures for targeted keyword phrases
- Applying fully optimised meta-tag standards to all relevant pages
- SEO copy writing current on-page content to ensure effective targeting by Search Engine spiders
- Submission of XML Sitemap to Webmaster Tools format to website core directory
- The finished website looks great and offers simple and effective functionality through the use of integrated enquiry forms.
- We re-thought their keyword strategy;
- We recommended improvements to their website to maximise the conversion rate of their web traffic;
- We attained top 10 rankings across the portfolio of keywords over a 6 month period;
- The number of website visitors has increased by at least 150% per month when compared to the statistics pre re-design and SEO.
- They are still a very happy client of ours to this day.
By optimising and integrating the existing information used on the original J & P website into the detailed plan of action, we were able to create a quality on-line solution tailored specifically to the needs of J & P.
The details provided on the website are accurate, easy to read and form a comprehensive overview of the services available. Initial results have been hugely positive with the number of visitors coming to the website increasing on a monthly basis along with some excellent feedback from customers.
Footprint Web Design have been at the forefront of web design and development for nearly 20 years. If you are looking for a website that truly represents your business, or advice on how to make your site stand out, then contact us today on 01883 372 488, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.