Whilst there are lots of theories about the factors that Google uses to create its rankings, the truth is that no-one truly knows. However, experience has taught us that a variety of techniques can help us to ensure that our clients get a push up the rankings.
Are You Overlooking These?
Below we have outlined a few aspects of web design and SEO which can often be overlooked but can play a critical in any SEO campaign.
These include but aren’t limited to:
- Is Your Website Using HTTPS?– Google confirmed that it uses HTTPS as a ranking factor. This can be important because any site that uses HTTPS will ensure that all users’ date is encrypted. Therefore improving both the safety and experience of the user.
- Addition of Fresh Content – It is commonly believe that Google loves the addition of fresh pages to a website. Don’t panic though, whilst it is always a good idea to keep your website fresh and up to date, old pages are very unlikely to be disregarded.
- Make Sure Your Website Has a Sitemaps– Linking your website to a sitemap and then submitting to Google will let Google know precisely which pages are on your website.
- Is Your Website The Hare or the Tortoise?– We live in an impatient world! If your website does not load quickly, there is every chance that users will head elsewhere. Google is widely believed to prioritise websites which load quickly, particularly with mobile searches.
- Do Your Visitors Bounce From Your Website?– It is often the case that a lower bounce rate = higher rankings. The better the experience offered by your website, the more likely that Google will offer better rankings.
- Keep URLs Short & Sweet– Whilst internet users can be impatient, so can Google! If your long tail URL contains more than 5 words, Google may start to disregard it. Short and to the point is the order of the day!
If you would like to put your website in the hands of a company who will take it forward, please contact Footprint Web Design on Tel. No. 01883 372488 today.
Currently Browsing: A Few Tips To Help Rise Up The Google Rankings