Citations (online directory listings) play a hugely important role in any online marketing campaign. Not only do they help to provide respected areas of confirmation for your business details, but they also offer new pathways for potential customers to find your business details.
A key part of these citations relates to the NAP (Name, Address & Phone Number) of a business but what happens if your company doesn’t tick the traditional boxes of having a physical location where customers can visit you? If this is the case, publishing your address to would-be customers could be an issue.
Why Would You Want To Hide Your Address?
For many businesses with a physical location such as an office or shop, the ability for customers to find them can be crucial. However for other businesses, a driving school for example, that provide their services at other locations, this is not the case.
Our experience tells us that there are typically 5 reasons why a business owner may not want their address published. These are as follows:
- Because they do not serve customers at their location, they don’t want people visiting their business address.
- Their office address is a virtual office. This would mean customers would be unable to drop in.
- Certain businesses (therapists and counsellors) may be considered to be a little sensitive and unsolicited visitors could be an issue
- They work from home and are concerned that this may not create the impression that they are looking for
- Although they are based in a particular location, they may wish to target a completely different area.
Does Hiding Your Business Address Limit Local Ranking Potential?
It’s impossible to get away from the fact it can impact your ranking potential. Web users want the ability to access genuine local results and Google wants you to be happy so you that you will keep using your services.
Google strives to serve up businesses which it thinks are high quality and that are local. If you hide your address you make it much harder for Google to determine if you are a genuine local business.
We Can Help
Should you find yourself in this particular position, give the Footprint team a call today on Tel. No. 01883 372488 today to see how we can help you.
Currently Browsing: Is It Important To Display My Business Address?