Google My Business listings, the listings that appear in Google Maps, are more important than ever before for many businesses. Offering some of the most visible listings in Google’s organic search results, these listings are free (for now anyway!) and are often generated based upon the location of the person making the search.
Studies indicate that natural listings and Google Maps represent a significant percentage of the clicks made by web users when they are looking for a local product or service. At Footprint Digital our services are tailored to get maximise the visibility of your business in Google’s search results.
A Key Weapon
With this in mind, GMB listings are a key weapon in the local SEO arsenal of any business. However, whilst very important, this is not to say that this should be the only target area for businesses looking to crack their local market.
Focus On These 10 Tips
To help give you a few pointers, we have outlined 10 top tips to help maximise your online presence in your local area. Including GMB tips, web design tips and other areas as well, make the 10 areas below your primary focus. Even better, leave it to us!
- Make sure that you complete all available fields for your Google My Business listing
- Ensure consistency of your business NAP (Name, Address, and Phone Number) online
- Post regularly on Social Media channels along with utilising the post option on Google My Business
- Optimise the URL of your website
- Utilise relevant META details
- Add location/geo pages to your website
- Add a local slant to your content
- Ensure your website is mobile-friendly
- Optimise all online directory listings (citations)
- Improve your internal linking structure
If you’d like to speak to us regarding our ability to design you a quality website or perhaps how to maximise the potential of your existing website, please give us a call on 01883 372488 or contact us via Facebook and we’ll be happy to talk you through your options.