Finding a way to ensure that genuine customer reviews are left about your business on reputable 3rd party websites has never been more important. Relating to both your reputation and your Google rankings, customer reviews are now the ‘go to’ areas for new customers looking for information before making a purchase.
Basically, there are 2 types of customer review. On-site reviews and 3rd party reviews.
- On-Site Reviews – These reviews are usually submitted directly to the business and will then be added to the website in the form of either ‘reviews’ or ‘testimonials.
- 3rd Party Reviews – These reviews are typically left on 3rd party websites (which are not controlled by the business) including Trustpilot, Google + and Yelp. These may then be displayed via the business website.
Don’t Underestimate The Benefits Offered By Online Reviews?
The addition of reviews to your website (both good and bad) will offer the chance to add regular unique to your website. Not only this, reviews provide new customers with an idea of the type of experience they should expect to receive.
Making it as easy as possible to leave reviews is crucial if you want your customers to leave their views on your business.
Very few people will take the time to leave their thoughts without some sort of prompt. A clear guide on your website or an e-mail reminder will prove to be beneficial.
Should You Worry About Negative Reviews
The main reason many businesses do not offer their customers the opportunity to leave reviews is because of concerns about receiving bad ones!
However, the truth is that bad reviews are not necessarily a bad thing.
- A poor review can actually prove to be useful in helping businesses identify any areas of weakness.
- A large proportion of consumers have difficulty in believing that businesses with 100% positive reviews are completely genuine.
- There are even some studies which suggest that the presence of the occasional negative review may actually be helpful!!
If you would like to speak to someone about gaining more reviews for your business, please contact Footprint Web Design on Tel. No. 01883 372488 today.