We understand, perhaps better than most, that there is a wide ranging perception relating to SEO that it is complex and nearly impossible to understand.
In a constantly evolving landscape, it is easy to see why this may be the case but we would like to shine a light on some of the basics to help provide you with a little insight.
It is all too easy to get wrapped up in trying to figure out exactly what search engines are looking for and tailoring all of your efforts towards them. However, whilst that cannot be completely ignored, the most important part of any SEO campaign is considering who you are targeting (i.e. your potential customers).
Creating The Right Content
With any website and any SEO campaign, it is essential that you make your audience your number one priority. By thinking like your audience and acting like your audience, you will be able to create content for your audience.
More than anything else, are you producing quality content? Are you getting your message across? Are you waffling on for pages when a few well chosen words would do? Are you providing a reason for people to spend more than a few seconds reading your pages?
These are just some of the questions to ask yourself in assessing whether you’re providing quality content. This is not the place to skimp since it is the cornerstone upon which nearly all other factors depend.
Tips For Creating Content
To help you along the way, we have drawn up a list of some of the most important tips to help provide the best possible start to creating engaging content for your website.
- Spend some time making a decision on which writing style will be the most appropriate for your line of business and your audience? Informal and chatty, or Formal and serious?
- Keep the flow of content to your website regular. Either in the form of landing pages or blogs.
- For any blogs, enable your readers to comment on your blog. Creating the ability to interact with customers is absolutely essential.
- Spend some time researching your competitor’s websites. Without actually lifting content straight from them, there is every chance that you will find some great ideas that you may be able to tailor for your own needs.
- Always keep your eyes open. It can be amazing where you can find some great ideas for interesting and engaging content for your website.
- Use links and images. No one wants to look at a page full of dry text; appropriate and entertaining images break up the flow of the blog. They also provide invaluable keyword search opportunities, if properly labelled and tagged. Links in your blog to relevant pages on your site will keep people on your website! Links to other sites, or supporting articles add a credence to your blog that is also crucial to your SEO.
- Link your blog to all your social media channels. This will let all your followers know when new content has gone up – keeping them in the loop and encouraging them to visit your site.
To find out more about how the Footprint Web Design Surrey team can help you, please give us a call on Tel. No. 01883 372488 and we’ll be happy to talk through your options with you.