It was their goal to rank well for specific industry related keywords in a market which already includes a number of well established competitors operating with significant on-line marketing budgets.
In addition to achieving an increase in traffic they also wanted to improve their on-line conversions to attract more enquiries.
Wallbarn are a Surrey based company specialising in the manufacture and supply of top quality materials for use in waterproofing, structural engineering, flat roof finishes, soil stabilisation and filtration.
They sell a range of simple, durable and easy to install materials throughout the world. Their products are made to the highest specifications and Wallbarn have developed a reputation for low cost as well as fast and efficient deliveries, along with giving their clients full technical support and peace of mind.
The goals of our client were to increase their overall levels of sales and enquiries via their website for terms related to ‘Green Roofing’, ‘Geotextiles’, ‘Timber Decking Tiles’ along with a number of other related key terms.
Before the upgrade of their website, the traffic that was generated was strong but left definite room for improvement as it didn’t give them the opportunity to take advantage of current rankings within search engines.
Wallbarn stated that their goal was to be able to achieve high rankings for keywords that would bring a significant amount of traffic to their website and in turn allow them to maximise the conversion rate of web visitors.
Through our extensive research into the market and keywords associated with it, we were able to pinpoint the specific areas and keywords that we would be able to exploit in the search engine rankings. By establishing Wallbarn in the search engine rankings for their chosen products we would be able to bring people to the site with a great chance of converting them from visitors to customers.
It was also important that we enabled Wallbarn to engage with the community. Social media is an important tool in the engineering industry and through a combination of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and a dedicated YouTube channel, we have been able to tap into an on-line community for the site that would help engage their customers, whilst spreading information related to Wallbarn and their products across social media channels.
Our overall strategy was to increase conversions and traffic through targeting specific keywords where other engineering sites are not as visible, as well as communicating with the community with social media, blogging and product content.
- Create a new user-friendly website designed to highlight the complete range of Wallbarn’s services using WordPress as the CMS.
- Transfer all existing relevant information from the old site to the new.
- Create a comprehensive Social Media platform, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Implement effective SEO techniques to ensure the website is ‘Google friendly’.
- Add a ‘Case Study’ section highlighting a variety of different projects.
- Create a specific section focusing on all aspects of ‘Green Roofing’.
- Incorporate a blog which would allow a constant stream of relevant industry information and insight.
Information and Inspiration
We therefore designed the website to maximise its space and display its information in a clear and readable way whilst retaining the overall feel and aesthetic appeal of their previous website.
We have utilised large, visual tabs and drop down menus on the homepage in order to emphasise the important information available through the website.
As well as having the ability to inform, it is also absolutely essential that we ensure any business website is designed to look and feel relevant to the subject area, so for Wallbarn we kept a high level of continuity by using the existing business colour scheme along with utilising the trade related imagery to help engage the users with their respective interest and immediately lets them know that they are in the right place.
Search Engine Optimisation
By clearly establishing the areas which Wallbarn wanted to target, we utilised a combination of on-page and off-page techniques to significantly increase the search engine visibility of the website.
SEO Services and Strategies utilised:
- Targeted keyword phrase research using proven SEO keyword tools to identify the best SEO keyword phrases
- Analysis of competitor website SEO strategies to allow for effective targeting of specific keyword phrases
- Applying fully optimised meta-tag standards to all relevant pages
- SEO copy writing current on-page content to ensure effective targeting by Search Engine spiders
- Submission of XML Sitemap to Webmaster Tools format to website core directory
Over the first 3 months of this campaign we have:
- Increased visits to the site by 48.4%*
- Increased Unique Visits to the site by 29%*
- Increased Page Views on the site by 13%*
*Metrics are calculated by comparing month on month statistics from previous years against the current year’s results – 1st January – 31st March – 2017 to 1st January – 31st March – 2018.
We have also:
- Obtained increased rankings for all targeted keywords
- Increased twitter followers by over 15k
- The finished website is excellent and has achieved our goals of creating a site that looks great and performs equally well.
- We re-thought their keyword strategy.
- Implementation of steps to maximise the conversion rate of their web traffic.
- We attained top 10 rankings across the portfolio of keywords over a 6 month period.
- The number of website visitors has increased by at least 150% per month when compared to the statistics pre re-design and SEO.
- They are still a very happy client of ours to this day.
Below are just a small sample of the high ranking key terms that we have obtained for Wallbarn.
By optimising and integrating the existing information used on the original Wallbarn website into the detailed plan of action, we were able to create a quality on-line solution tailored specifically to the needs of Wallbarn.
The details provided on the website are accurate, easy to read and form a comprehensive overview of the services available. Initial results have been hugely positive with the number of visitors coming to the website increasing on a monthly basis along with some excellent feedback from customers.
We Can Help With Your Online Marketing
- Would you like to maximise the potential of your website?
- Do you want to see your site create more sales and revenue for you and your company?
- Do you want to be ranking for competitive keywords that can help your business grow online?
Our extensive knowledge of SEO and Online Marketing in general can help you improve your own search engine position to bring you better sales and traffic.
Footprint Web Design have been at the forefront of web design and development for nearly 20 years. If you are looking for a website that truly represents your business, or advice on how to make your site stand out, then contact us today on 01883 372 488, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.