The premise behind ‘Google Maps marketing’ is basically taking the steps required to ensure that your business presence is optimised on Google Maps with a simple goal in mind – achieve a higher ranking in the search results to increase the chances of obtaining business.
The greater the level of profile optimisation, the better the chances of your business showing up in a Google Maps search for your business type in your area.
Why Is Google Maps Marketing So Important?
With Google handling about 5.6 billion searches per day and accounting for over 90% of all searches, exploring every possible avenue for maximising your online presence is crucial.
Effective Google Maps marketing can play a huge role in the way Google views your business and how or (more importantly) if it appears in organic search in what is known as the local 3-pack.
What Is The Local 3-Pack?
Google Map Results (local 3-pack) appear at the top of the page in this Google Search.
Google Maps can channel thousands of potential customers toward your business. Unless your business ranks in the 3-pack, your chance of being found is much lower.
That is why Google Maps Marketing is now widely acknowledged to be the most important part of local SEO work.
Setting Up Your Google My Business Listing
To set up your Google My Business listing:
- Sign in to Google and go to https://www.google.com/business/
- Then locate or create a listing for your business. Sometimes other factors or inputs have led to an impromptu assumption listing about your business. Make sure you claim and correct it if that happened.
- Fill out all of the information to the best of your ability.
- Make sure to select the correct category and to add a contact.
- Verify your account. This can be done with Google via phone, email, or traditional mail.
- Add quality photos.
- Double-check all of your information.
To find out how to achieve better rankings for your GMB listing, please contact Footprint Digital on Tel. No. 01883 372488 today.