Making the Most of Your Google Maps Listing
Does your business have a Google Maps listing? Even if not, did you know that Google may have created one for you already and it could be waiting to be claimed?
Google Maps (aka Google Local) is a free service offered by Google with the goal of allowing businesses to engage with customers based within their local area. It also provides the perfect platform for local residents to discover businesses located in the near vicinity.
For example, should you search for ‘Driving lessons Surrey’, you are very likely to be directed to the screen highlighted in the screen shot below. As you can see, the Google Maps/Local listings take a very prominent position in the listings and follow a set format with the reviews being clearly visible. Should you choose to click on one of these driving schools, you would then be able to access additional information about that particular driving school.
Please Note – Surrey Driving Force is a Footprint Web Design client.
What Are The Benefits of Obtaining a Google Maps Listing?
The benefits of having your business listed on Google Local include:
- Google Maps listings typically appear at the top of the search results pages. Therefore they are very likely to be the first thing that people see.
- Accessing Google Maps listings on a mobile phone or smart device will offer customers an easy way to either call your business or get directions to your location.
- The easy access to the impartial ratings left by current and previous customers can go a long way towards giving new customers confidence in your products and services.
- Potential customers visiting your listing are very likely to be local to your business, therefore giving you a definite advantage over businesses based further afield.
How Can We Help?
Setting up or claiming an existing listing is just the start of the process. We will make sure that you squeeze every last drop of potential from your listing.
We will do this by completing the following steps:
- Making sure that all of the information listed on your account is accurate, relevant and verified.
- Add images to your listing
- Make sure there are no duplicate listings which could prove harmful in the future.
- Submit a number of citations which will help to confirm your listing’s details in Google’s eyes.
- We would actively seek to encourage customer reviews. For example if you have an e-mail database for current and past customers, we will contact them on your behalf with links to your listing and a guide for the best and quickest way to leave a review.
- Keep your listing up to date.
The above information is designed to offer a guide towards maximising the exposure and potential of your Google Maps listing. There are also additional factors which must be taken into consideration. If you would like Footprint Web Design to help optimise your Google Maps listing, simply give us a call today on Tel. No. +44(0)1883 372488.
For more information regarding Google Maps/Local listings, please visit https://www.google.com/business/.