We strongly believe that building citations is essential for any business looking to target locally based customers. Along with helping to increase rankings in relevant Google Maps (and general search results), the offer the following benefits for businesses of all size.
- Trusted sources of location information
- Help to create an excellent link profile (links back to your website)
- Form a key component of an impressive review profile (lots of destinations for customers to provide independent reviews)
- Drive customers to your website
One of the most important ways that citations can help to benefit a business is by increasing the chances of local customers find your business online. These will include third-party sites that people use, like Google Maps, Yell, Yelp, FreeIndex, Yelp, Thomson Local and Foursquare to name just a few.
How Can We Help?
Setting up or claiming existing citations (some directories may actually create a listing for you!) is just the beginning of the process. We will make sure that you squeeze every last drop of potential out of each and every listing.
We will do this by completing the following steps:
- Making sure that all of the information listed on your account is accurate, relevant and verified
- Flesh out your listing with as many relevant details as possible
- Make sure there are no duplicate listings which may prove harmful in the future
- We would actively seek to encourage customer reviews. For example if you have an e-mail database for current and past customers, we will contact them on your behalf with links to your listing and a guide for the best and quickest way to leave a review
- Keep your listings up to date
Getting In Touch
The above information is designed to offer a guide towards maximising the exposure and potential of your citation portfolio. There are also of course additional factors which must be taken into consideration. If you would like Footprint Web Design to help optimise your Google Maps listing, simply give us a call today on Tel. No. +44(0)1883 372488.
Currently Browsing: 4 Reasons Why Building Citations Is Important